OCC, Wymondham / Remote Working
Full Time (37 Hours) – Temporary
£28,725 – £32,673 per annum
Closing date: Friday 26 March 2021 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C831a on application form
Criminality involved in the organised exploitation of the vulnerable continues to evolve, and in some cases, thrive. Significant work is already being undertaken by UK law enforcement to tackle organised exploitation such as county lines, human trafficking, modern slavery, child sexual exploitation, and child sexual abuse; however, this landscape is complex, and requires a sophisticated solution.
The TOEX Programme, a national project between the NPCC and NCA, aims to enhance the local, regional and national response to organised exploitation, as part of a whole systems approach. The programme will deliver this by improving regional intelligence, to inform operational tasking, coordination and capability development; and prioritising limited resources on the highest-harm threats. This will enable more coherent and joined-up law enforcement activity with an evidence-based approach to activity across the 4Ps – protect, pursue, prevent, and prepare.
The TOEX Business Analyst will elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of clients. Interviewing, gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need to access the TOEX Regional Analytical Performance and Threat Operational Response tool (RAPTOR) and other complementary TOEX intelligence and performance tools.
Coming on-board during our pilot year means that you will be part of a team supporting brand new ways of working – be integral to ground breaking collaborations – and contribute to the disruption of organised networks built upon exploitation.
The successful applicant will:
- Act as the key interface between the TOEX data team and the client. Obtaining a full user requirement, ensuring full engagement at all appropriate levels within the ROCU network and other external partners.
- Undertake systems analysis on new and existing systems and liaise with users over the approach to implementing change by reviewing technical and business options, and presenting well thought out options through approved documents and reports.
- Produce final specifications and project plan for approval, adoption and prioritisation by the Data Manager.
- Project manage the onboarding of the client; produce test plans, data and acceptance criteria, process maps and relevant ICT support documents.
- Develop training resources; user manuals and eLearning products to enhance the utilisation and optimisation of the RAPTOR and other TOEX systems.
- Research, review, and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements- and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging TOEX systems.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future business needs and keep up to date with technological and information advances
- Maintain knowledge of the operating environment and the changing priorities of the ROCU network and partners.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade as may reasonably be required by line management.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst within the digital sector. Highly skilled within stakeholder engagement and management
- Strong understanding of policing and how the application of technology can enhance operational capacity
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Experience of project development/delivery through analysis, development and testing
- Experience in the use of programming languages such as C# or Java
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, including O365, Azure, Power BI, Transact-SQL and Apache Spark
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and oral) and able to adapt approach and style appropriately according to audience and environment
- Ability to travel to other locations nationally as appropriate
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Industry accreditation in Business Analysis
- Experience of systems/software development and cloud-based solutions.
- Knowledge and working experience within Law Enforcement and/or the vulnerability and exploitation arena
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to [email protected].