Business Analyst with Retirement Domain – Harrison, NJ
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Looking for a Business Analyst with experience on Retirement Industry; Knowledge focusing on Defined Contribution Plans including 401k, 403b and other.
Headquartered in New York and with 22 offices around the world, Synechron is a leading Digital Transformation consulting firm and is working to Accelerate Digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, and insurance companies around the world. Synechron uniquely delivers these firms an end-to-end Digital, Consulting and Technology capabilities with expertise in wholesale banking, wealth management and insurance as well as emerging technologies like Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science. This has helped the company to grow to $650 Million+ in annual revenue and 10,000+ employees, and we’re continuing to invest in research and development in the form of Accelerators (prototype applications) developed in our global Financial Innovation Labs (FinLabs).
Role: Business Analyst- Retirement
Location: Harrison, NJ
- Lead requirements definition for complex projects and multi-year strategic initiatives.
- Identify and translate business needs into clearly defined requirements, and create documentation inclusive of business use cases, process flows, data flows etc.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations with client and onsite / offshore teams.
- Lead review sessions for completed business/functional requirements with key business users focused on gaining consensus and final business approval.
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to provide subject matter expertise, ensure that out of the box functionality is leveraged and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Ensure that proposed solutions are focused on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes and are consistent across products where possible.
- Participate in the development and planning of the User Acceptance Testing activities, including test plans and scripts, based on requirements.
- Facilitate UAT execution phase and work with business lead and project manager to obtain user acceptance test signoff.
- Strong communication skills to deal with various Business stakeholders and client management
- Dynamic, self-motivated and energetic to drive the show in various phases of the project with minimal supervision
- Prefer candidates having work experience with retirement Industry Knowledge focusing on Defined Contribution Plans including 401k, 403b and other plan types.
- Understanding of Retirement Plan Process Flows and administration.
- Knowledge of Recordkeeping Software and Legal Plan Documents.
- Plan Provisions including Eligibility, Auto Enroll, Contributions, Loans, Withdrawals.
- Certification from any recognized insurance institute is preferable – ALMI / FLMI.
- Should be able to carry out independent and extensive requirement analysis for a life insurance product by linking various existing design documentation.
- Should be able to link different business components or designs and derive comprehensive business understanding for high quality designs.
- Should have thorough understanding of various SDLC models with knowledge & exposure in the functional areas of underwriting, policy administration and
- Should be proficient in all phases of requirements management (including gathering, analyzing, detailing and tracking requirements)
- Experience of working with large/mid-scale projects from US Life Insurance/Retirements market
- Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies (preferable to have any industry acknowledged BA certification)
- Working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards.
- Build strong relationships within the business units and support functions to understand the business