NEW YORK, May 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — City National Bank announced today that it has hired a new Cross-Border Banking team to serve the specialized needs of individuals and business teams who relocate to the U.S. from other countries. Based in New York, the team is led by Daniel Bostwick, senior vice president.
Businesses throughout the U.S. are planning their transition to the “next normal” after so many plans have been put on pause since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. As a result, the labor market is rife with activity, and workers, including skilled foreign nationals, are in high demand in many industries. The addition of this new team from a major global bank enhances City National’s capabilities in providing personalized guidance and custom financial solutions to individuals and teams immigrating to the U.S.
This initiative also amplifies the bank’s substantial growth on the East Coast. Last year, City National opened new branches in the Washington, D.C., area and Atlanta, as well as three new branches in Manhattan — in Manhattan West, Flatiron and NoMad, bringing its total in the city to five. In addition, in 2019, City National opened its first full-service regional banking center on Long Island, in Melville.
“This Cross-Border Banking team brings another key differentiator to City National that complements our growth strategy, especially on the East Coast,” said Scott Witter, executive vice president and head of Personal & Business Banking at City National. “Today, City National provides highly personalized service and tailored financial solutions that can meet the financial needs and objectives of clients like never before. This team has been together for 20 years and is recognized for its expertise in providing these services to executives moving into the United States.”
“Dan and his team have truly set the standard for providing financial services to foreign nationals. They represent an incredible opportunity for City National, our clients and our future clients,” said Mark Gusinov, senior vice president and leader of City National’s Personal & Business Banking division on the East Coast. “From our very first conversations, it was clear that they would be a perfect fit for City National — we share the same values and the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives all of our colleagues. We’re excited to welcome Dan, Ken, Bob, Doug and Klodet on board.”
City National has the backing of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies and one of the strongest, most secure and best-performing banks in the world. RBC’s business model has a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to its 17 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries.
Leading the new team in New York are:
- Daniel J. Bostwick, senior vice president and Cross-Border Banking manager. Bostwick brings 30 years of domestic and international banking experience to City National, including more than two decades dedicated to fulfilling the unique financial needs of globally mobile executives. Prior to joining City National, Bostwick built and grew expatriate banking programs at JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup and most recently HSBC Bank. Considered a leading authority on expatriate financial matters, Bostwick is an active member of several expatriate/relocation industry associations and frequently presents at industry symposiums and conferences. He volunteers with various youth programs and to help families facing the crisis of food insecurity, and is an active member of the New York chapter of the ALS Association.
- Kenneth J. Kramer, vice president and business development officer. With over 20 years’ banking experience, Kramer focuses on the relocation industry and has been recognized for outstanding service. Prior to joining City National, Kramer helped to develop the Law Firm Team for HSBC Bank, providing commercial and professional banking services to the AmLaw 200-member law firms. Active in the community, Kramer is a member of the George Washington Council 359, coordinating and volunteering for charities and nonprofits in the greater Morris County (New Jersey) area. He has led volunteer trips to West Virginia for Habitat for Humanity and is a long-standing volunteer at the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry Network.
- Robert S. Wallace, vice president and business development officer. Wallace works with multinational organizations and their international assignees to solve many of the financial and credit challenges associated with overseas assignments and relocations into the U.S. Prior to joining City National, Wallace worked at HSBC Bank for 15 years with the expatriate banking group, designing and implementing programs to facilitate cross-border compensation delivery. Wallace has over 20 years of international financial services experience and is active in numerous industry groups, including the board of the New York Council of Relocation Professionals. He has volunteered with the Northwell Health- Hagedorn Cleft Palate Center for over 15 years.
- Douglas Gallardo, vice president and business development officer. Gallardo brings 31 years of financial services experience to City National, where he provides banking and financial solutions to multinational organizations and their expatriate employees relocating to and from the U.S. He joins the bank from HSBC, where he worked with relocation firms and financial services companies to provide personal banking services to their newly relocated senior employees. Gallardo’s previous firms include Citigroup, AIG and a relocation management company.
- Klodet Eivazians, assistant vice president and business development officer. Eivazians works with multinational organizations and their international assignees to assist with their unique banking needs. She is also responsible for the team’s internal daily operations. Eivazians brings to City National over 20 years of successful experience in the financial services industry, having begun her career as a branch teller and worked her way up.
The new team will be located in City National’s office at:
400 Park Ave
New York, NY 10022
For an image of Bostwick, go to: https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnb/people/b/daniel-bostwick/daniel-bostwick.jpg
For an image of Kramer, go to: https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnb/people/k/kenneth-kramer/kenneth-kramer.jpg
For an image of Wallace, go to: https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnb/people/w/robert-wallace/robert-wallace.jpg
For an image of Gallardo, go to: https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnb/people/g/douglas-gallardo/douglas-gallardo.jpg
For an image of Eivazians, go to: https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnb/people/e/klodet-eivazians/klodet-eivazians.jpg
About City National
With $75.8 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through locations in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Washington, D.C., and Miami*. In addition, the company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $86.3 billion in client investment assets.
City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. RBC serves more than 17 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the United States and 34 other countries.
For more information about City National, visit the company’s website at cnb.com.
*City National Bank does business in Miami and the state of Florida as CN Bank.
Jennifer Harlan, City National Bank, (917) 322-0994