Director Digital Delivery & Business Analysis
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Director Digital Delivery & Business Analysis to build industry leading business analysis capabilities to enable agile product teams, and support Product Management and Product Owners by providing oversight for solution functionality across the digital ecosystem (i.e., across labs) and leading a group of business analysts deployed to labs. An expert on digital platform, the director will provide functional expertise to support resolution of the most functional and delivery challenges encountered by labs. In addition, this role ensures training and coaching for the business analysts who develop business cases, analyze processes and systems, develop requirements, write, and maintain user documentation, as well as plan/perform user acceptance, support product implementation and post-implementation activities for solutions delivered by labs..
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Director, Agile & CoE Lead, you will be empowered to:
- Provide leadership for the business analysis capability required to deliver revenue-generating products
- Act as the functional SME, for delivery of new products, experiences, and significant changes to business operations through labs, taking a holistic view of the customer experience presented by digital labs
- Provide oversight for overall solution and platform functionality (i.e., “solution ownership” and digital platform on behalf of business) to ensure cohesiveness across the spectrum of products and experiences on the digital platform
- Provide direction to insights/analytics experts to collect, clean, and analyze data; interpret the analysis to and articulate results to drive data-driven decisions the creation of new products and experiences for customers
- Partner with business leads to plan, perform/lead stakeholder analysis and requirements gathering sessions to establish business case detail, sources of value, and workflows, and developing business cases for more strategic or complex labs driving the highest priority value streams and workflows
- Take accountability for the accuracy and consistency of business analysis artifacts (e.g., business requirements, requirements traceability matrix, user stories, epics, use cases, acceptance criteria, etc.) and training materials developed across multi-lab initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of current business processes (impact assessments to SMEs + scope of impact OLGs tech stack) to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Identify risks, constraints, dependencies and assist in the development of cross-release and product roll-out plans, developing risk mitigation strategies to ensure a successful roll-out
- Resolve ambiguous, complex and/or contentious problems encountered across labs, such as impacting multiple vendors and/or cross divisions
- Support design, QA/release planning and management or other activities to enable lab delivery as a flex resource
- Lead career development for a group of senior managers, business consultants, and senior business analysts
- Create an environment of collaborative teamwork built on collective accountability, constructive dialogue, and receptiveness to diverse perspectives
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: 10 years’ experience with enterprise and business analysis including stakeholder management, requirements gathering, process modeling, business modelling, and high-level design, acceptance testing, with evidence of managing increasingly senior interactions and complexity. Experience applying Agile methodologies, writing, and presenting business cases, and using collaboration, issue tracking and requirements management tools (e.g., Confluence, JIRA,).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, engineering, or business management. Master’s degree in management or systems is preferred and CBAP-AAP® (Agile Analysis), Product Owner or equivalent certification is preferred.
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by January 4, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.