Global $95.25 Billion Probiotics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report 2021-2028 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Probiotics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Food & Beverages, Dietary Supplements), by Ingredient (Bacteria, Yeast), by End Use (Human, Animal), by Distribution Channel, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global probiotics market size is expected to reach USD 95.25 billion by 2028. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing prominence of preventive healthcare is among the major driving factors propelling the demand for probiotics across the globe. The considerable production and consumption of probiotics are complemented by innovations in probiotics by key players, most notably in countries such as China, Japan, and India.
Following the growing demand for probiotics, key market participants have been investing in R&D activities to develop efficient probiotic strains. The probiotics industry has also witnessed advancements in delivery systems to enhance the delivery of probiotics in humans and animals Such developments are expected to emerge as a trend in the industry over the forecast period. In developed countries such as the U.S., probiotics are sold mainly in the form of dietary supplements. The demand for probiotic nutritional supplements has been spurred by the growing aging population and increased consumer interest in preventive healthcare.
Market players have introduced new products supplemented with probiotics in addition to other dietary supplements. The growing product lines and diversification are intended to make manufacturers capable of catering to diverse demand trends across the globe. The same factor is prompting retail channels to increase their production volume in accordance with changing consumer tastes and preferences. Such trends are expected to benefit the growth of probiotics market.
Asia Pacific dominated the probiotics industry in 2018 with a share of 41.7%. The region is expected to retain its prominent position throughout the forecast period. In the last decade, the region has garnered a significant response when it comes to adoption of probiotics. This is attributable to the rings levels of health consciousness coupled with wider accessibility of probiotic products in this region. Another key observation in Asia Pacific with regard to consumption of probiotics is the growing popularity of vegetarian probiotic products owing to a healthy increase in consumer vegetarianism.
- In terms of product type, probiotic beverages emerged as the largest segment in 2018 with a revenue of USD 39.56 billion. Cereal-based fermented beverages with probiotic content are being consumed extensively across the globe, thereby favoring the growth of the segment.
- In terms of ingredient, bacteria segment is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. The growth of the segment is driven by the increasing employment of bacteria to maintain urogenital health/ vaginal health.
- In terms of end use, animal probiotic segment is expected to register relatively faster growth of over 7% over the forecast period. Increasing focus on enhancement of animal health has been fueling the demand for probiotics for animal nutrition.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be both the largest and the fastest-growing regional segment over the forecast period. New prebiotic launches, innovations in probiotic delivery systems and the presence of key players have laid the platform for a healthy and strong growth of the region over the forecast period.
- The probiotic industry is subject to intense rivalry among prominent market players. Product innovation, mergers & acquisitions, and portfolio expansion are some of the key strategies deployed by the key players.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Technology Overview
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 Market Dynamics
3.6.1 Market Driver Analysis
22.214.171.124 Growing inclination towards preventive healthcare
126.96.36.199 Development of efficient probiotic strains
3.6.2 Market restraint Analysis
188.8.131.52 High product development costs and stringent government regulations
3.6.3 Industry challenges
3.7 Business Environment Analysis
3.8 Market Entry Strategy
Chapter 4 Probiotics Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 Probiotics Market: Ingredient Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Probiotics Market: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 Probiotics Market: Distribution Channel Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8 Probiotics Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 9 Competitive Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- Arla Foods, Inc.
- BioGaia AB
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Danisco A/S
- General Mills, Inc.
- Health Inc.
- Lallemand Inc.
- Lifeway Foods Inc.
- Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt. Ltd.
- Nebraska Cultures
- Nestle S.A.
- Probi AB
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tf58dz
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.