Global Product Group – Business Management, Associate
About this role
The Global Product Group (GPG) brings innovation, discipline, and focus to BlackRock’s investment product line by aligning client and investment teams in the design and execution of product-related initiatives. The group performs a wide range of functions, including: industry, competitor and fund range analysis, design of platform strategy and management of product lifecycle, execution of fund launches and changes, and delivery of robust product governance and key regulatory projects.
Your role and impact
Sitting within the Global Product Group, our Business Management team enables the effective day-to-day operation of GPG and supports the Chief Product Officer in his oversight of broader Product-related activities across the firm. Our team delivers quality and timely business management to GPG. We are responsible for the GPG’s Financials and delivering expense results at or below budget. We drive accountability through our metrics and enhance the quality of insights through reporting improvements. We help build a culture of operational excellence and promote timely and transparent distribution of information to GPG. We are responsible for delivering key corporate risk and change management exercises.
Highlights include the ability to improve product-related intelligence through the evolution of our metrics and to shape the team’s success metrics. An opportunity to develop knowledge of BlackRock’s Product platform. Exposure to senior GPG Leadership, including matrix reporting line into the Americas Head of GPG, and direct exposure to the Chief Product Officer.
Reporting to GPG’s Head of Business Management based in London, the role will have a specific focus on metrics & reporting and be positioned as the Business Manager for the Americas supporting the day-to-day operations of the region. The hire will have responsibilities in four main areas;
- Metrics & reporting; lead the production and enhancement of the global GPG Dashboard to improve product intelligence and management capabilities, which is used to track our key operating metrics and feature during Quarterly Business Reviews. Other reports include Chief Product Officer pipeline and flow summary reporting.
- Core business management; deliver Corporate Risk Exercises globally and oversee their timely completion, whilst reducing operational risk and improving efficiencies.
- Americas coverage; provide support to the Americas Head of GPG, including running weekly staff meetings and drafting regional staff communications.
- Strategic projects; partner with Americas Head of GPG to deliver strategic projects.
- Proficiency in Excel; comfortable writing basic SQL queries; understanding of Product and preferably GPG, Aladdin, and competitor data sources
- Ability to write and present clear analysis on data and business processes; determine logical recommendations; navigate between detailed communications and higher-level synthesis for senior management
- Product knowledge with a familiarity and engagement with BLK product line-up across the platform
- Ability to think critically and conceptualize and share ideas
- Strong execution and organizational skills; ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task efficiently, and adapt to new situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed orientated and consistently produce and compile accurate materials for audiences ranging from internal GPG to the Global Executive Committee
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.