John Murphy of Clinton has been named director of development and donor relations for Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute.
Murphy was previously director of milestone reunions for Hamilton College, where he has secured nearly $10 million in gifts and pledges for the College’s current campaign, and more than $16 million in declared estate gift intentions.
Murphy has a lifetime of involvement in the arts. He has been a member of Munson-Williams for nearly 15 years and has served on the Institute’s Performing Arts Advisory Committee since 2018. He is a member of the B# Music Club and has worked with Players of Utica, and Clinton Symphony Orchestra of the Mohawk Valley.
Murphy holds a master of music in voice and opera from Northwestern University School of Music, Evanston, Illinois, and a bachelor of arts from Hamilton College.
IN OTHER BUSINESS NEWS:
• Rome Memorial Hospital has adopted Rome Health as its new name to more accurately reflect the breadth of services provided by the healthcare system to enhance the health and well-being of the local community. The new name ushers in a new era for Rome Health as the system prepares to welcome many new primary care providers and physician specialists, including two new general surgeons and a cardiologist; introduce new service lines, such as bariatric surgery; and break ground on a new Physician Center on the hospital’s main campus in August.
• Upscale Resale Events is a new pop-up consignment shop conducting a three-day public children’s consignment event from Friday, March 19, through Sunday, March 21, in the former Forever 21 site in Sangertown Square, 8555 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford. This consignment event will feature children’s clothing from newborn to teen. For information, visit www.upscaleresaleevents.com.
• Nicky Doodles, a summer staple in the Mohawk Valley, has posted on its Facebook page they will be closing its Nicky Doodles To-Go starting Saturday, Feb. 27, and will be officially opening for the season on Saturday, March 13, at its Rome and Verona locations. No announcement has yet been made on an opening date at its New Hartford location.
• M&T Bank has again been recognized as one of the country’s top banks for businesses for delivering exceptional customer service by Greenwich Associates, the nation’s top source for data and analytics about the financial services industry. M&T earned 22 regional and national Greenwich Excellence awards and three Greenwich Best Brand awards across a wide range of categories for middle market and small business banking, according to the latest Greenwich survey results for calendar year 2020. In the small business category, M&T tied for the most with 13 Excellence Awards.
• NBT Bank is accepting applications for its Management Development Program. This program prepares participating associates to assume mid-level professional roles inside of NBT at the completion of this 12-month training process. The program is ideal for recent college graduates looking for a way to fast-track their career development with direct, guided access to technical and soft skill training, cross-divisional work experiences, performance coaching, mentoring and special projects that include community involvement. The goal of the program is to provide participants with a broad knowledge of the business of banking and develop future leaders in the company across all divisions and locations. Qualified candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or a related degree with prior work and volunteer experience desired. For more information about this program or to apply, visit www.nbtbank.com/Careers and look for NBT’s Management Development Associate and Commercial Banking Management Development Associate positions.
• Providing information on starting or continuing a career in insurance is the focus of the Utica National Insurance Group’s Virtual Career Fair, set for noon to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 24. The online event will include presentations by company leadership, with attendees choosing from more than 20 sessions covering underwriting, claims, IT, risk management, marketing, actuarial, finance, customer retention and experience, resume writing, company culture, Utica National’s internship program, and more. Details and registration information is available at the www.uticanational.com/careerfair.