Principal, Finance & Business Management
The Wealth Management Finance & Business Management team is seeking a Vice President. This position will be developing and presenting reports and presentations, tracking operational initiatives, and working with partners of the organization (Wealth Management, HR, Legal, Compliance, Project Management, etc.) to inform and advise on key business decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop collaborative working relationships across Wealth Management, Finance, Human Resources and other Shared Services teams while providing business value and transparency
- Provide financial reporting, planning/forecasting guidance and coordination for core business metrics and targets
- Partner with other Finance & Business Management Leads to drive consistent business management practices, finance & metrics analytics, key performance measures driving continuous improvement in accuracy and control
- Facilitate Regional President-level, proactive monitoring of revenue drivers and goals and expense management, including headcount and strategic hiring
- Assist in Wealth Management resource planning, working with the business to establish best practices and support the strategic agenda for recruiting and workforce management
- Develop executive level business reviews and prepare and support senior leadership to effectively and accurately present performance and forward-looking strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred; experience in financial planning and analysis preferred
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Must be able to brief senior leaders clearly and concisely on financial performance
- 8+ years of experience with an emphasis on business / data analysis
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- High financial acumen with a sound understanding of the P&L
- Bachelors and/or Master Degree in Business Management / Finance / Economics / Analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to derive, formulate, and develop new concepts, processes and value-added activities
- Process-oriented with strong organization, problem solving, time management, and analytical skill
- Must be able to design business reporting and analysis that is clear, concise, and actionable
- Ability to work effectively with other lines of business, finance teams, and technology partners
- Demonstrated history of independently and proactively driving initiatives forward
- Comfortable creating PowerPoint Presentations and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- MBA/CFA/CPA preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.