Private Banking Group COO Team / Business Management Associate
Morgan Stanley (MS) is a global financial services firm that conducts three principal businesses: Wealth Management, Institutional Securities and Asset Management. Wealth Management (WM) provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients.
T he Private Banking Group (PBG), as a division of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, offers WM clients’ access to Banking Services, Deposit Products, and Lending Solutions. PBG’s Deposit Banking Services Group is an important source of revenue for Wealth Management and provides all deposit, checking, savings and cash management solutions. The recent integration of E*TRADE’s Banking Products provides an enormous opportunity for growth as it expands our product offerings to include retail checking and savings accounts.
PBG is seeking a talented Associate to join the Deposits and Banking COO Team to support a wide range of strategy and business management activities . The right candidate will get exposure to all aspects of running the day-to-day business, cross-functional initiatives, budgeting and planning, and ultimately be able to impact the success of our team and business.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Deposits and Banking products and Services
- Support the COO and Leadership Team by executing a broad range of strategic initiatives and business management activities. Activities may include budgeting, planning, reporting, risk analysis, etc.
- Project manage initiatives and support senior partners with end to end support for cross functional initiatives
- Work on business cases and ROI analysis for new and ongoing initiatives while partnering with individual Product Leads
- Work on opportunities to communicate the team’s strategic vision through multiple formats, e.g., town halls, risk committee meetings, team events, and key strategic management presentations
- Assist with Talent Management and Development activities, including opportunities for professional development and team building
- Engage cross-functional partners and build a network across all divisions of Wealth Management
- Undergraduate degree with 2-4 years of experience ideally in financial services, consulting, business or project management; exposure to banking products a plus, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of management while maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Organized, detailed-oriented and possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiastic about navigating partnerships with cross-functional teams; desire to build relationships
- Comfortable working independently across multiple constituents
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to train for new skills and in new functional areas