This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
Three state departments are recruiting for technology specialists.
The California Department of Conservation (DOC), which oversees the operations of land conservation, mining, earthquakes, and oil and gas regulations for the state, is seeking a business analyst (IT Specialist I). The incumbent will serve as the primary business analyst for all IT projects and operational activities for the Enterprise Technology Services Division within DOC.
- Business analysis (50 percent), with responsibility for the documentation and analysis of DOC programs, business processes, workflows and systems.
- Business process re-engineering and analysis (20 percent), including providing technical support to the staff and project team. The analyst is “expected to provide critical analysis and recommendations for improvements by documenting existing internal business processes, analyzing end-to-end processes, identifying specific problem areas, defining business objectives, analyzing improvement opportunities, documenting revised business processes, and presenting recommendations for process improvements.”
- Change-management support (15 percent), including working with the configuration manager “to monitor and triage change requests” related to IT portfolio projects.
- Project management (10 percent).
- Administrative duties (5 percent).
The position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 to $9,408, and the application deadline is March 30.
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) is seeking a senior developer (IT Specialist I) to provide technical leadership to project team members and technical staff and expertise in advanced business analysis and project management. The incumbent also investigates complex technical problems and issues and develops plans to resolve them from the enterprise perspective.
- Design, code, unit and system test, and implement complex application changes using Microsoft Software Development Environment tools such as the .NET Framework (Visual Basic .Net, C#), Windows Communication Foundation, Representational State Transfer (RESTful) Web Services, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Internet Information Server, HTML5, commercial off-the-shelf software and modified off-the-shelf software.
- Design and implement technical solutions to support business functions using business requirements, system requirements and system specifications.
- Maintain and/or modify complex programs to meet current and/or changing business needs.
- Troubleshoot complex new and existing IT systems and applications to rectify and eliminate existing and potential system failures, outages and downtime.
This position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 and $9,408, and the recruitment will continue until the position is filled, with regular reviews of applications occurring twice a month.
The California Department of Community Services and Development (CSD) is seeking an information security officer (IT Supervisor II) to investigate, resolve and report through appropriate channels all information security incidents; monitor vulnerabilities, threats and incidents; perform risk assessments; and conduct and document information security awareness training for all employees on an annual basis.
CSD’s mission is to reduce poverty in California by “leading the development and coordination of effective and innovative programs for low-income individuals, families and their communities.”
According to the job posting and duty statement, the information security officer (ISO) reports to the chief information officer and plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities of subordinate staff. Additional duties include:
- Provide input and participate in the planning, developing and managing efforts of Information Security incident responsibilities.
- Develop and implement policies and operational standards addressing information security breaches, and provide advice and technical assistance to management on information security-related issues.
- Co-lead projects to determine the potential risk of exposure of all information assets; serve as a consultant on implementation of laws, policies and standards regarding current information security; serve as the liaison to all control agencies in communicating CSD’s security policies, incident responses and action plans; and ensure that all government code and State Administrative Manual requirements are met.
The position has a monthly salary range of $7,593 to $10,174, and the application deadline is March 27.