Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to guide and drive the execution of assigned Technology Business Management Processes. This includes taking steps to reduce risk and inefficiencies while increasing the quality of process support provided. This role maintains positive relationships with technology stakeholders and vendors, and partners closely with others to define and maintain SLAs, KPIs, and other performance metrics.
The individual in this role has a strong understanding of most process areas supported by the team, including many of the key upstream and downstream process integration points. He/she works mostly independently and occasionally provides guidance and direction to more junior level analysts on the team.
With a focus specifically on Technology Investment Management, this role manages multiple processes related to the project funding (PAR) opening, planning, reallocation of funds, communications, manual file uploads, and reporting. This role is responsible for Director and Manager user support, troubleshooting, analyzing large volumes of data, and programming complex model changes.
• Analyzes data to detect trends, make recommendations, and provide reporting
• Leads activities to assess adherence to the business management processes supported
• Answers questions from associates about the business management processes supported; handles more complex questions/issues elevated from other analysts on the team
• Gathers feedback from technology associates about the business management processes supported
• Identifies and documents process measures, issues and opportunities, and waste in the processes supported
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements and makes recommendations for best practices
• Serves as an escalation point and mentor for junior staff
• Contributes to and helps maintain process documentation repositories
• Develops standard operating procedures; identifies and suggests possible improvements on procedures
• Assists with the training and development of more junior level analysts as needed
• Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level analysts; may provide feedback and direction on specific tasks
• Develops relationships with cross-functional teams including finance and legal to ensure processes remain compliant with company regulations
• Analyzes large volumes of data to identify areas of opportunity in technology spend
• Configures of the Apptio tool, using intermediate programming skills to make reporting updates, data calculations, and dashboard updates; optimizes both the model and the views
• Identifies opportunities to adjust and optimize the technology investment roadmap
• Supports the relationship with Apptio on configuration requirements for system upgrades and release schedules as well as monitors Apptio non-functional performance (speed, stability, security)
• Navigates complex technical incident and support ticket management with Apptio
• Understands and creates end-user training programs and supporting collateral; facilitates training and access administration of new users
• Actively reaches out to stakeholders to capture requirements and keep records of model enhancements
• Serves as production technical support owner (operates service request process) and supports technical integrations to other systems, SSO, and Data Link
• Researches ways to optimize Apptio model and reports
• Advises on report updates and utilizes intermediate programming skills to create new reports
• Monitors environment for system, data, and model changes and amends/adds data sources as required
• Drives Month End Process, including data upload, validation, and issue remediation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Business Administration, Finance or related field (or equivalent work experience in related field)
• 2 years of experience in Technology, Finance/Accounting, Procurement, Business, Operations or related area
• 1 year of experience working as a member of technology or cross-functional team
• 1 year of experience in project management tools and methodologies
• 1 year of experience analyzing data to detect trends, make recommendations and provide reporting
• Technology infrastructure experience: understanding engineering, software development life-cycle, database, architecture, configuration management database, and how each of these systems support each other to run a technology organization
• 0-1 years of experience having exposure and/or being hands-on with Apptio.
• Experience with data dictionaries, data analysis, and relational databases
• 1 year of experience completing technical design via iterative mockups
• Basic programming skills and data analytics (e.g., HTML, SQL, Excel, Access, Business Objects, etc.)