Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) was set up to deliver and operate safe and efficient light rail and national road networks. TII’s mission is to deliver transport infrastructure and services that contribute to the quality of life of the people of Ireland and support the country’s economic growth.
TII’s ability to deliver and operate light rail and roads networks efficiently is recognised, as evidenced by the portfolio of National Development Plan (NDP) 2018–2027 investments entrusted to TII and its partners to deliver.
The Tolling & Emerging Mobility section manages TII’s ‘business as usual’ tolling operations which generate significant revenue for TII from a broad customer base in excess of 2 million people per year.
The tolling ‘portfolio’ includes the M50 eFlow toll operation and nationwide electronic tolling interoperability, as well as change management programmes / projects relating to the procurement and mobilisation of new operators. It also includes strategy and innovation work streams relating to future tolling and user charging arrangements and emerging mobility options and trends.
ROLE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the governance arrangements within the Commercial Operations Division for management of the programmes, projects and operations (i.e. ‘the portfolio’) related to the Tolling & Emerging Mobility section.
- Coordination of portfolio activities including assistance with portfolio tools such as risk management, budgets, resources and schedules, to ensure that objectives are met.
- Assist in the preparation of all portfolio documentation including, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, action lists and risk registers with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of portfolio IT systems and applications including, in particular, Microsoft Teams and TII’s risk register applications.
- Coordinate activities and investigate opportunities to make the portfolio more efficient by identifying areas that need improving and updating.
- Manage and contribute to business analysis, data analysis and innovation projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate effectively with the management team, colleagues and the portfolio management office with respect to portfolio activities and assist with stakeholder management, customer management, event management, public information and communication activities.
- Undertaking such tasks, activities or other duties as may be required or assigned as appropriate to the grade.
Education & Experience
- Recognised third level degree qualification to FETAC Level 7 in business, marketing, engineering, science, information technology, economics or other equivalent relevant qualification
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post graduate experience in a responsible position
- Experience of review and optimisation of business processes and procedures
- Portfolio, programme and / or project management experience
- Risk management experience
- Stakeholder management and relationship skills
- Familiarity with the culture and organisation of transport related Government departments, State agencies and transport and tolling operators
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Fluency in the English language, both written and oral
Full time, six year fixed term contract, subject to satisfactory completion of probation period.
To apply for, or to locate further information on, these posts please visit our website: https://www.tii.ie/careers/
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) Friday, 11th September 2020.
Transport Infrastructure Ireland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.